Adds

Ego Tripping Poem

 Ego Tripping

By Nikki Giovanni

Ego Tripping Poem
 

 I was born in the congo

 I walked to the fertile

 crescent and built

 the sphinx

 

 I designed a pyramid so tough

 that a star

 that only glows every one

 hundred years falls

 into the center giving

divine perfect light

 I am bad

 I sat on the throne

 drinking nectar with allah

 I got hot and sent an ice age

 to Europe

 to cool my thirst

 My oldest daughter is

 Nefertiti

 the tears from my birth pains

 created the nile

I am a beautiful woman .

 I gazed on the forest and

burned

out the sahara desert

 with a packet of goat's meat

 

I crossed It In two hours.

I am a gazelle so swift

 so swift you can't catch me

 

 For a birthday present when

 he was three

 I gave my son hannibal an

 elephant

He gave me rome for

 Mothers day

 My strength flows ever on

My son noah build new/ark

And

 

I stood proudly at the helm

 as we sailed on a soft

 summer day

 I turned myself into myself

 and was

 Jesus

 men intone my loving name

 All praises All praises

 I am the one who would save

 I sowed diamonds in my back

 Yard

 My bowels deliver uranium

 the filings from my

 fingernails are

 semi - precious jewels

On a trip north

 I caught a cold and blew

 My nose giving oil to the arab

World.

I am so hip even my errors are

 Correct

 I sailed west to reach east and

 had to round off

 the earth as I went

The hair from my head

 thinned and gold was laid

 across three continents

 I am so perfect so divine so

ethereal so surreal

 I cannot be comprehended

 except by my permission

 I mean...I... can fly

like a bird in the sky

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu