Adds

Internet Slangs and their meanings

Internet Slangs


Internet slangs and their meaning


 Slang is a type of language consisting of words and phrases that are regarded as very informal, are more common in speech than writing, and are typically restricted to a particular context or group of people.


  Examples of Internet Slang  

   ASAP: As soon as possible 

  FYI: For your information 

    G2G: Got to go  FB : Facebook 

     MSG: Message 

     TYL: Talk to you later 

      IMO: In my opinion

       PDA = public display of affection

     TFW – That feeling when. 




MFW – My face when

MRW – My reaction when

IFYP – I feel your pain

LOL – Laughing out loud

TNTL – Trying not to laugh

JK – Just kidding

IDC – I don’t care

ILY – I love you

IMU – I miss you

ADIH – Another day in hell

IDC – I don’t care

ZZZ – Sleeping, bored, tired

WYWH – Wish you were here

TIME – Tears in my eyes

BAE – Before anyone else

SSDD – Same stuff, different day

QQ – Crying

FIMH – Forever in my heart

BSAAW – Big smile and a wink

BWL – Bursting with laughter

LMAO – Laughing my a** off

BFF: Best friends forever

CSL – Can’t stop laughing

Expressing Opinion and Reaction

IMO\IMHO – In my opinion\In my humble opinion

OMDB – Over my dead body

NTH – Nice to have. what does nth mean in texting messaging

POV – Point of View

TBH – To be honest

FTW – For the win

WTF – What the fact

FTL – For the loss

YNK – You never know

SMH – Shaking my head

Describing the reaction to something stupid, aggressive, hostile, unfair, etc.

SRSLY – Seriously

YGTR – You got that right

GMTA – Great minds think alike

AYMM – Are you my mother?

CWOT – Complete waste of time

AFAIK – As far as I know

AFAIR – As far as I remember

AFAIC – As far as I’m concerned

ASL – Age, sex, location

AAMOF – As a matter of fact

FWIW – For what it’s worth

YMMV – Your mileage may vary

IIRC – If I remember correctly

DM – Direct message

AFAICT – As far as I can tell

TL;DR – Too long; didn’t read

IRL – In real life

TIL – Today I learned

SOML – Story of my life. What does SOML mean in texting? Most likely a person compares another person’s story with own situation.

EMBM – Early morning business meeting

J4F – Just for fun

JSYK – Just so you know

FAWC – For anyone who cares

RLRT – Real life retweet

OH – Overheard

WUZUP – What’s up?

CS – Career suicide

DWH – During work hours

SFW – Safe for work

GRAS – Generally recognised as safe

NBD – Not big deal

OC – Original content

4AO – For adults only

OP – Original poster

This refers to someone who was the first to publish a post.

PPL – People

ICYMI – In case you missed it

JIC – Just in case

NAGI – Not a good idea

GOI – Get over it

RBTL – Read between the lines

AYOR – At your own risk

DIY – Do it yourself

E123 – Easy as one, two, three

GAHOY – Get a hold of yourself

Asking for a favor or advice

TMB – Tweet me back

WTPA – Where the party at?

DAE – Does anyone else?

PRT – Please retweet

PTB – Please text back

TIA – Thanks in advance

BUMP – Bring up my post

Notifications, wishes, greetings, closings

OMW – On my way

GRATZ – Congratulations

GL – Good luck

IDK – I don’t know

TTYL – Talk to you later

BRB – Be right back

W8 – Wait

NFS – Not for sale

B4N – Bye for now

B@U – Back at you

BBBG – Bye bye be good

BBIAS – Be back in a sec

RUOK – Are you OK?

CYT – See you tomorrow

DBMIB – Don’t bother me I’m busy

DM – Direct message

GFN – Gone for now

AFK – Away from keyboard

POTD = photo of the day

POTUS = president of the United States

PM = private message

PPL = people

Q = question

QQ = quick question

QOTD = quote of the day* (Often used when someone shares a funny or motivational quote, for example: “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ~ Harriet Tubman QOTD”)

ROFL = rolling on the floor laughing

ROFLMAO = rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

RT = retweet

SFW = safe for work* (The opposite of NSFW.)

SM = social media

SMH = shaking my head* (When we disagree or feel ashamed about something, we often shake our head.)

TBH = to be honest

TBT = throwback Thursday* (This has become a very popular hashtag (#) for posting old photos on Thursday. Throwback means something from an earlier time.)

TGIF = thank god it’s Friday

Thx = thanks

TIL = today I learned* (For example, “TIL all about social media acronyms from Speak Confident English.”)

TMI = too much information

TTYL = talk to you later

TTYN = talk to you never

TTYS = talk to you soon

Txt = text

W/ = with

WBU = what about you?

WCW = women crush Wednesday

WDYMBT = what do you mean by that?

WOM = word of mouth

WOTD = word of the day

YOLO = you only live once* (Used when you talk about something that is brave, risky, spontaneous or even foolish. For example: “Can’t take another day at work. I just quit!! YOLO.”)

YT = YouTube no

YW = you’re wel

YCM= You Coppies Me

Z     = Zero

Z =   Sleep

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu