.
BA 1st SEMESTER
ENGLISH LITERATURE
CORE
EL120C: ENGLISH LITERATURE: BRITISH POETRY - I
(Credits: Theory-04, Tutorials/Assignments-02)
THEORY (4 CREDITS)
Unit I:
Geoffrey Chaucer--- “Prologue to Canterbury Tales”
Unit II:
• Shakespeare--- Sonnets 12, 18, 66
• John Donne --- “Valediction: Forbidding Mourning”, “Batter My Heart”
Unit III:
John Dryden---“MacFlecknoe”, “Absalom and Achitophel”
Unit IV:
Milton--- Paradise Lost, Book I
TUTORIALS/ASSIGNMENTS (2 credits)
BASED ON UNITS III & IV
Distribution of credits: UG Syllabus for English Literature under the Choice Based
Credit Scheme (CBCS) to be implemented from 2020
The detailed syllabus for English Literature given below has been designed in accordance with the UGC
guidelines for CBCS and the suggestions of the Board of Undergraduate Studies. The syllabus includes
4 Compulsory Core Courses (CC) of 6 credits each with one CC in each semester from Semesters I to
IV and 4 Discipline Centric Electives (DCE) of 6 credits each with 2 DCE’s in each semester from
Semester V to VI. The student opting for English Literature needs to earn 36 credits by taking all the 4
CC’s from Semester I to IV and s/he can choose one DCE each from Semester V and VI from the given
options.
Copyright (c) 2020 http://bilalsirenglish All Right Reseved
0 Comments