Adds

Syllabus BG1st semester General ENGLISH Kashmir University

Syllabus



BA 1st SEMESTER 

GENERAL ENGLISH

(For Arts)

(FOR BATCHES ADMITTED IN 2020 & ON WARDS)


GEN120: GENERAL ENGLISH-I

CREDITS: THEORY: 4; TUTORIAL: 2

MAX. MARKS: THEORY: 60; TUTORIAL: 30

THEORY (4 CREDITS; 60 HOURS; 60 MARKS):


Unit I: One Act Play

The New Hangman: Laurence Housman


Unit II: Essays

Wings of Fire (An extract): A P J Abdul Kalam

One World, One Culture: (Extract from Making Connections: Skills and

Strategies for Academic Writing, Edition: 3)

Unit III: Poetry

The Chimney Sweeper (SoE): William Blake

Postcard from Kashmir/ Dacca Gauzes- Agha Shahid Ali A

Prayer for my Daughter- W B Yeats

Unit IV: Short Story

Lottery: Munshi Premchand

The Bet: Anton Chekov

TUTORIAL (2 CREDITS; 30 HOURS; 30 MARKS):

TUTORIALS BASED ON UNIT-I TO UNIT-IV


*********************************************************************************

 

[Note: Since AECC-1 (English) is a foundation course for General English therefore the concerned teachers are advised

to expose students first to the textbook: AECC-English followed by the textbook: English-1, This will be effective for

students enrolled for the academic session 2020 and onwards. As such, all the concerned teachers are requested to ensure

that teaching of the General English–I Course is taken up only after completing the English Communication Skills

(AECC-I) Course for the BA 1st Semester students]

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu